Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meet Our Crew

 VANESSA - DIRECTOR

Hometown:
La Crescenta, CA
Education:
Bachelors in psychology and child development from CSUN in 2007
Masters in Social Work with concentration on Health from USC in May 2011
Hobbies and Interests:
Sports, Mysteries, Soccer, My 2 chocolate labs, volunteering, photography, and watching movies....
Social Work Interests:
I am interested in Pediatric Oncology. Medical social work that involves helping pediatric patients with cancer.
Why I chose the Social Work in Media Elective:
I believe that media is the wave of the future and in order to really get a message out, media is the best avenue. I chose this media class to learn how I could use media to share a message or educate the public on something I am passionate about. I hope that I will be able to utilize media to help the greater good.


DOROTHY - CINEMATOGRAPHER

Hometown:
Queens, NY
Education:
Binghamton University- Major in Psychology, Minor in Asian and Asian American Studies
USC MSW- Work and Life Concentration
Hobbies and Interests:
I enjoy hiking outdoors (my dream is to visit all the national parks in the US), photography and crafts.
Social Work Interests:
My major interests are in program and organization development, older adults/gerontology and issues in the workplace- such as labor rights, health and safety.
Why I chose the Social Work in Media Elective:
I love watching documentaries, independent films and listening to any music that moves me.   From the films I saw and media coverage I watched, I realized the immense power of media to move people, bring awareness and start social movements.


MEGGAN - PRODUCER

Hometown:
Torrance, California
Education:
University of Colorado at Boulder - History and Sociology
University of Southern California - Social Work/Mental Health
Hobbies and Interests:
I love the outdoors, sports, painting, and traveling. 
Social Work Interests:
My interest is in mental health. I'm interested in working with adults that have SPMI, problems with addiction, Borderline Personality DO, and/or PTSD (particularly complex PTSD).
Why I chose the Social Work in Media Elective:
I saw this as an elective when initially applying to MSW programs and I have wanted - and waited for - this elective ever since.  I love watching documentaries and I think, through media and education, you can create change.

No comments:

Post a Comment